Healthy fats and oils
The general opinion that fats are fundamentally bad and only make you fat has made more and more people eat less and less fat. The result of a low-fat diet is surprising and should make you think.
Why does the body need healthy fats??
- They serve to absorb fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K.
- They serve as a source of energy and thus form the most concentrated form of storage
- They provide a natural feeling of satiety
- They serve as insulators against the cold
- They are essential for the functioning of hormones and enzymes
- They reduce fluctuations in blood sugar levels
- The brain relies on high quality fats
- They serve as protective pads for internal organs and the nervous system etc.
Which fats are unhealthy?
Hardened or partially hardened fats, refined oils, odorless oils and fats heated oils that are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Overheated fats, rancid fats and trans fats[Excerpt from Wikipedia].
Healthy fats are treated extremely gently during the entire manufacturing process. The oil is cold pressed and never exposed to temperatures that damage the sensitive ingredients. In this way the existing nutrient density of the fats is preserved.
Sunflower oil must smell of sunflower seeds, sesame oil of sesame seeds, coconut oil of coconut, olive oil of olives, palm oil of the red palm fruits etc. Only a cold-pressed oil from the first pressing, mildly fragrant and not heated, supports your body and thus makes a significant contribution for health and vitality.